- What is the meaning of the phrase "separation of church and state"?
- Why do some people think that church and state should be separated?
- Do you think it's a good or bad thing that the church is gaining more influence in Russia?
- Do you think it is necessary to have a strong church to provide moral guidance to the masses?
- What about in Ukraine? Should the church have a say in local or national politics?
- Karl Marx once said that "religion is the opiate of the people." What does this phrase mean?
- They say that it is political suicide to NOT be religious and try to run for office. Would you vote for someone who isn't of your faith (or has no faith at all?)
- The article mentions the word "usury" - what is it and do you think it should be banned?
- Should religion be taught in schools? In what way, so as to be fair and balanced?
- Should churches and church personnel be exempt from certain obligations (taxes, military service, etc.)?