- Do you think that participation trophies promote unrealistic self-images or feelings of entitlement? How do you evaluate personal success? Do you think most people agree, or do they see things differently?
- Do you think that younger generations are lazier than older generations?
- Have parenting styles changed dramatically in recent generations? How? Do you think this is good or bad?
- Is competition healthy for children? Does a lack of competition make people weak?
- It is said that U.S. puts great emphasis on winning (listen to Donald Trump speak sometime!), do you think this is a good or bad thing?
- Do “losers” (i.e. people who get 2nd place) receive unfair criticism or neglect by society as a whole?
- Should children be encouraged to play sports in a professional manner, when less than a fraction of a percent of them will actually go on to be professional sportsmen?
- Should sports be encouraged in school? Mandatory? Or should they simple be extra curricular?
- Would you consider a person who has a 1st place trophy differently than a 2nd place trophy winner? What about the participation trophy owners?
- If you had a child who won a participation trophy, would you put it on display?