- What did Calhoun think would destroy society? How was this different from other theories?
- What (besides space) began to run out once Universe 25 became more crowded?
- Do you see any parallels between Universe 25 and human society?
- Do you agree with the thesis that overcrowding may lead to the demise of society before lack of resources can?
- Many scientists and politicians have suggested that population control measures (such as forced sterilization (e.g. in India) or China’s (former) “One Child Policy”) are necessary to prevent dangerous levels of population growth.
- Do you agree?
- How feasible is it to implement/ enforce these kinds of laws?
- Calhoun advocated for space colonization as a way to prevent overcrowding. What do you think of this idea? Can you think of a better solution?