- Why do you think the students in the article had difficulty making friends in the U.S.?
- If you are fluent in English, do you think it would be easy to fit into American culture?
- Is it necessary to make friends with your host country, or can you just hang out with people from your original homeland?
- One student in the article mentioned that Americans aren't very "culturally sensitive"? Do you think that's true?
- Do you think Ukrainians are culturally sensitive?
- Is it possible for foreigners to come to Ukraine and fit into Ukrainian culture? Can you give some examples?
- Why do Americans have problems with immigrants now, yet is made up of almost entirely immigrants from 100-200 years ago?
- What advice would you give the students in this article so that they could fit in better?
- Do you think it would be difficult for you to move to a foreign country and fit in with the locals?
- Are some places just impossible for foreigners to fit into?