- What do you think the word "affluenza" means? (Hint: it wasn't a real word a few years ago)
- Do you think this child should be tried and treated as an adult in court?
- Are the parents responsible for the kids actions? Should they be punished?
- Although drunk driving is illegal in the U.S., the boy had the legal right to drive a car (the legal drive age is 16 years in the U.S.) - do you think this is a good idea? Should they raise the age?
- Do you think the child received a "fair" punishment? What punishment would you give him?
- If the child was sent to child for a long time (10+ years) - do you think it would make him accept his mistake and feel regret?
- Do you think rehab (rehabilitation centers) help people get better? Are they effective?
- If this boy didn't have rich parents, do you think he would be treated differently by the court system? How would things be different?
- Is "affluenza" a real thing? Can having too much money change the mentality of a person and force them to not understand the consequences of their actions?
- Should any sort of compensation be given to the families of those killed? Do you think it would help them?