- Do you think the bride kidnapping tradition should be illegal?
- Is it possible to enforce a ban on bride kidnapping in the countries where it takes place?
- Do you believe the brides are actively against the marriages most of the time, or are they "putting on a show"?
- Do you believe a person's parents have a better idea of who would make a better husband then a young (16-18 year old) girl?
- Can you think of any traditions in Ukraine which you believe should also be discouraged/outlawed?
- Some believe that this tradition exists because the countries where it is popular are very patriarchal in nature. Do you think it's true?
- How would the roles of men and women in these countries compare to that of Ukraine?
- How can marriages which were created through kidnapping be successful?
- There are some movements in the U.S. and in Europe where women want to go "back to traditional roles" - what do you think this means and is it a good thing?
- Is it possible to fall in love with someone who kidnaps you?