As you probably noticed in the post title, we are currently searching for a motivated Russian and Ukrainian teacher to be a part of our team. You may have also noticed the asterisk* as well, which we wrote in there because in all honesty, we're not really demanding a certified teacher for this role, but someone who we could train up in our own style and help us with several exciting ideas that we have brewing in our heads.
So if you know anyone who fits the following qualifications and is interested in what we have to offer, please send them our contact details and we will get in touch with them right away!
The candidate will be responsible for conducting lessons, retrieving feedback from students, and adapting the curriculum to be more effective for future students. Lessons will be handmade (no textbooks!), and be supplemented with various activities which will be conducted by the candidate as well.
Future opportunity for full-time work with commission bonuses based on additional students will be available, hopefully within a few months of starting work. See the "Compensation, Benefits and Perks" section below for more details.
- MUST BE FLUENT in both Russian and Ukrainian, with a solid understanding of the grammar and colloquial speech of both languages. This is absolutely mandatory - ideally we want someone who grew up in both a Russian/Ukrainian speaking environment at home and school or university.
- MUST BE charismatic and sociable. The next most important qualification, we are looking for someone truly friendly, unafraid to talk to strangers and small groups of people. Open mindedness and the ability to be engaging in a variety of environments and scenarios is a plus.
- MUST BE responsible. Punctuality, showing up to the job ready to work, and taking responsibility for your mistakes is hugely important to us. No flaky (unreliable) people.
Additional Desirable Traits
- Should live in L'viv, preferably as close to Prospect Shevchenko as possible. We are open to bringing in teachers from out of town, however.
- Should have a fairly flexible schedule. University students are great, but if you have a full time job or family to take care of, you are probably not going to be able to meet our scheduling requirements.
- Should own and know how to use a computer. We do most of our planning and curriculum building online, so having a laptop and knowing how to use it will be helpful.
- Should be able to tolerate dark humor, sarcastic jokes, and moderate amounts of alcohol. You'll be working with us, after all. :)
ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY TRAITS
- Candidates do not need to know English. Ideally, they won't speak a word of it, especially during working hours. We would have even typed this advertisement out in Russian/Ukrainian if we didn't know that everyone reading our website already spoke English. :)
- Candidates do not need a pedagogical background. Although we will consider past teaching experience, we aren't necessary looking for a traditional teacher for this role. The fluency/charisma/responsible stuff is a lot more important to us.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
- Competitive base salary. Especially for light part time work.
- Bonus system for additional students. For private individual students, you collect 100% of what they pay you - we don't take a kopek. For additional students which you teach through our program, we pay substantial bonuses.
- Base salary and bonuses are paid in hryvnas, but fixed in USD. No worrying about inflation when you work with us!
- Active, direct collaboration with bosses who want you to develop. We want to help our teacher develop and grow. We are always looking for ways to improve our curriculum and utilize our skills to provide more high quality services to our students - and we want our teacher to take an active role in these activities.
And much, much more!
So once again, please tell your friends, family, and anyone cool you meet on the street about our offer and have them get in touch with us. Remember, they can contact us in whatever language they feel comfortable in - it's all the same to us!
All the best,